In the cold winter, heating is an essential part of daily life. A properly functioning heating system is crucial to maintaining a comfortable indoor temperature. However, heating systems are susceptible to different problems that can cause them to break down or work less efficiently. While some heating problems can be easily fixed, others require the help of our professionals at GE Home Services. We also provide heat pump installation in Phoenix. Call us at (480) 376-0755 for more information.
Here are 10 of the most common heating problems:
- Heating system is not working: This is the most obvious sign of a problem with your heating system. If your system is not working, it will need to be repaired or replaced.
- Thermostat issues: If the temperature isn’t consistent from room to room, there may be an issue with your thermostat. Check to ensure it is set to “heat” mode and not “cool” or “off.”
- Heating system is making strange noises: If your heating system starts making strange noises, it could be a sign of a critical problem. If your heating system produces whistling, rumbling, or other noises, search online for heating repair near me—you’ll find our experts at GE Home Services. Call us today. Turn off the system and call a professional for help.
- Heating bills are too high: If your heating bills have suddenly increased, it could be a sign that your system is not working as efficiently as it should be. It could be due to various factors, including an inefficient furnace or blocked ductwork.
- Heating system is short-cycling: If your heating system frequently turns on and off, it may be short-cycling. It can be caused by different issues, including a dirty air filter, a faulty thermostat, or an issue with the heating elements.
- Heating system won’t turn on: If your heating system doesn’t turn on, you should first check the thermostat. If the thermostat is working, there may be an issue with the furnace itself. Contact GE Home Services for heating repair.
- Pilot light is out: If your furnace has a pilot light, it may go out occasionally. If this happens, you’ll need to relight the pilot light. Follow the instructions in your owner’s manual for relighting the pilot light.
- Heating system is blowing cold air: If your heating system is blowing cold air, there may be a problem with the thermostat. If it is set correctly, try calibrating it following the manufacturer’s instructions. If that doesn’t work, you may need to replace the thermostat.
- Heating system is leaking: Various issues, including cracked heat exchangers, faulty gaskets, or damaged pipes, can cause leaks. Our technicians at GE Home Services will be able to diagnose and repair the problem.
- Heating system smells strange: If your heating system starts to smell strange, it could signify a gas leak. If you smell gas, evacuate the area immediately and call us for your heating repair.
If you’re having any problems with your heating system, the best thing to do is call GE Home Services. Our technicians will be able to diagnose and repair the issue quickly and efficiently. Contact us today for a heating installation in Tempe, AZ.