US winters hit quite hard. People look forward to heating furnaces for comfort and warmth. Any kind of machinery needs proper maintenance and has a certain life span.
So, here we are to share some very common problems that you might come across if you own a residential or commercial furnace. These problems can be solved with your attention and care. GE Home Services provides furnace and heating services in Tempe, AZ.
Ignorance of Service and Maintenance
In the winter season, the furnace is used at full swing, challenging its maximum capacity. Sometimes it works day and night. Hence, it demands regular maintenance. Due to lack of service attention, the furnace can breakdown completely. A technical malfunction can also interrupt your warm comfort. Maintenance is neglected due to many reasons, but the right steps can protect your pocket from paying for big losses. The basic maintenance steps can be performed by you. However, there are some proper professional furnace maintenance steps that require expert handling. These steps are:
• A thorough physical inspection of the furnace and heating unit.
• Cleaning of fans and checking if the blades are fine.
• Going through every electrical component and tightening loose ones.
• Changing the air filters of the furnace.
• Cleaning the vents and ducts.
• Checking the exhaust pipe.
• Checking of blower belt for cuts or any kind of damage.
• Tuning up of furnace unit.
Cleaning Dirty or Clogged Filters
The lack of maintenance can accumulate unhealthy air around your house. Usually, filters have to be replaced in two to three months, the new filters or filter service allows the clean flow of air around the house. The clogging of filters reduces the efficiency and performance of your furnace which may cause the following consequences:
• Complete failure of the pilot unit of your heating system.
• Rise in power bills due to load on the furnace.
• Increase in the level of indoor pollution. The dust in bad air can cause multiple respiratory issues.
• Lack of heating around your home space or workspace.
• Failure of blowers.
Issues with the Thermostat
The role of a thermostat is to adjust the indoor temperature according to climatic conditions. It senses the internal temperature and according to that, switches the compressor on or off. As per the input in the thermostat, it sends a pulse to turn the furnace on/off. Given below is a list of issues that a thermostat may have, which can affect your furnace.
• Loose electrical components or fault in the wiring.
• Not recording the right indoor temperature
• Composition of debris in the thermostat unit.
• Difference between the capacity and functioning of the furnace and thermostat unit.
• Failure of the unit causing uneven indoor temperature.
There can be many such furnace problems like unwanted sound, uneven on/off cycle, etc. For accurate, timely heating and furnace repair in Tempe, AZ, contact GE Home Services. The certified professionals inspect your furnace and provide the best solution for comfort all throughout the season. The professionals can be contacted at (480) 376-0755. We’ve known our trustworthy services. We also offer heating services in Tempe AZ, heating repair in Phoenix, heating installation in Tempe AZ