The arrival of the first winters of the year and your furnace stops working the same night. When you wake up the next day, you find your home turned into an icebox and are eventually forced to wear a heavy coat and gloves indoors. You need immediate furnace repair, which should also be reliable and cost-effective. Who do you turn to?
Ranging from emergency service to scheduled maintenance and repairs, the experts at GE Home Services, being the best furnace repair in Tempe, AZ, is here to help you breathe easier. Employees at GE Home Services are completely licensed and skilled and have the experience of serving all furnace brands.
Indicators for the breakdown of furnace
When it comes to the working of heating equipment, it is quite complex. Hence, as soon as a single part malfunctions, the whole system’s ability to operate gets compromised.
Common indicators for recognizing the breakdown of the furnace are as follows:
- It is not turning on.
- The pilot light of the furnace is not on.
- Strange noises are coming from it when it’s turned on or while working.
- The furnace’s main burner won’t light or is not staying lit any longer than 3 seconds.
- After turning the burner on, the blower is still not turning on.
- The blower is constantly on.
Reasons why furnace stop working
Worried why your furnace won’t start? Through thorough examination, we’ve come up with a free troubleshooting facility by providing you with a list of the most common reasons why furnaces stop working. These reasons will help you understand the issue occurring with the furnace and decide whether you can fix it yourself or need an expert to fix it for you:
- The furnace is not powering up: If the fan does not react to increasing the thermostat’s temp, a breaker may have damaged, the wiring could be loose. More complex issues include trouble with the transformer, thermostat, control board, run capacitor, or blower motor. The technician can conduct diagnostics to identify the main problem and work out a solution.
- The motor is failing: You will be able to hear squeaks and screeches from the motor that’s about to fail. Instant assistance from the technician is needed to save the furnace from breaking down.
- Lack of ignition: Rapid clicking sounds in furnaces with spark ignitions suggest that the burner is attempting to ignite. If it can’t ignite, there may be an obstructed flue, defective control board, or inappropriate limit control. You should remedy the issue by fixing or replacing these parts.
- Burner issues: Burners that do not remain lit are most likely triggered by dirty flame sensors or clogged condensate drains in condensing furnaces. If the burners do not light up at all, it might cut off the supply of gas. To fix this, our technicians should only have to clean key elements and make a few modifications.
- Clogged air filter: A clogged furnace air filter will adversely impact the airflow in your house. Due to the lack of fresh air in your furnace, the heat exchanger will stop working and become extremely warm.
It is extremely important to have an appropriate HVAC System with a working furnace. However, when furnace breakdowns occur, it could create complete havoc for you and your family’s comfort. This is where we step in. At GE Home Services, we maintain the reputation of the best furnace repair in Tempe, AZ, to provide you the most professional, satisfactory, and expert furnace repair service. Having experience of 27 years in the HVAC industry has consistently increased our knowledge and expertise every year. We also offer heating repair in Phoenix, heating services in Tempe AZ, heating installation in Tempe AZ, and nearby areas.