As the weather in Arizona starts to heat up, your air conditioner will have to work harder to keep your home cool. While this may cause your energy bills to increase, there are ways that you can help your AC unit last longer and run more efficiently. GE Home Services has been providing quality service to the area for many years for air conditioning installation and AC repair in Tempe, AZ. To learn more about our services, call us at (480) 376-0755.
Tips To Make An Air Conditioner Last Longer In Arizona
- Schedule an annual tune-up: Yearly maintenance visits keep your unit working at peak efficiency and may prevent future issues from arising. Annual tune-ups not only keep your unit running smoothly but also allow our certified technicians to clean it, identify any potential problems, and make repairs or adjustments before they become significant issues.
- Keep your air filter clean: Your air conditioner unit’s air filter should be checked monthly and replaced as needed. A dirty air filter can not only reduce your unit’s efficiency but can also cause damage to the unit itself. It will eventually overwork your unit, which could shorten its lifespan.
- Use a programmable thermostat: By using a programmable thermostat, you can help ensure that your unit isn’t working harder than it needs to. You can set the thermostat to turn on before you get home from work or turn it off when everyone is asleep.
- Keep your outdoor unit free of debris: For your AC unit to function smoothly, the outdoor condenser must have clear access to airflow. Ensure to keep shrubs and other plants trimmed back from the AC, and remove any leaves, dirt, or debris that may have accumulated.
- Keep the area around your AC unit clear: If there are any obstructions blocking airflow to or from the unit, it won’t be able to work as effectively. It’s crucial to keep the area around your air conditioner unit free of debris, such as leaves, twigs, and grass. When these items build up around your unit, they can prevent proper airflow and cause your unit to work harder than it needs to.
- Consider upgrading to a more energy-efficient unit: Newer cooling units are designed to be more efficient and can save you money on your energy bills in the long run. A professional must install an energy-efficient unit to ensure that it’s done correctly and that your warranty remains intact. It will not only help save you money, but it will also help extend your unit’s life. If you search for air conditioning installation near me, you’ll find GE Home Services and obtain the best service in the Phoenix area.
GE Home Services For Your AC Needs
If you have any questions about AC repair or need to schedule an air conditioning service in Phoenix, please get in touch with us today. We want you to enjoy the summer months by keeping your home cool and comfortable. Our certified and experienced technicians will come to your home and provide a free estimate for any services you may need. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!