The brisk cold temperature in Tempe has made the presence of heaters indispensable in every household. No doubt it is pleasurable to roam around in the cold breeze. Yet, the warmth of home can never be substituted. The foremost step for enjoying the winters at home is choosing the best heating services in Tempe, AZ. Here, we tell you about all the important points about a heating system and help you arrive at a choice.
Types of heaters
There are four main categories of heaters available in the market:
- Convection heater: This type of heater uses a convection current that heats its heating element. The convection heater uses comparatively low energy and provides an even blanket of heat for the entire room.
- Radiant heater: Radiant heater makes use of heat waves of Infrared Radiation (IR). It is known to provide quick heating in the area closer to the heater. However, they take a longer time to heat the entire room.
- Fan-forced heater: As the name suggests, this type of heater uses a fan to pass air over the heating element. This heated air then warms up the entire room. On the downside, a fan-forced heater makes considerable noise.
- Micathermic heater: This category of heaters employs both convection heat and radiant heat. Micathermic heater occupies less space and gives fast heating for the room.
Almost all companies providing heating services in Tempe, AZ, have a catalog of heaters from the above categories.
Choosing the right heating system
It can be utterly confusing to choose amongst heating services in Tempe, AZ, suiting your need for a heater. Hence, here are some parameters to consider when you think of buying a space heater.
- The capacity of the heater: The key parameter while buying a heater is to study its capacity. The salespeople of heating services in Tempe, AZ, generally advise you about the space the heater can cover. On average, heaters use 10-watt power to heat one square foot of the area. Using a low-capacity heater for a big room is like inviting a power bill shock.
- Heater safety: Since the heaters have a heating element, electrical faults can cause a fire hazard. To overcome this, many heaters have additional safety features. For instance, the heater switches off on its own upon detecting any electric issue. It is advisable to look for heating services in Tempe, AZ, that warrant overheats protection for their devices.
- Energy efficiency: Using a heater carries with it the concern of power usage. Therefore, the energy efficiency of a heater plays an important role in keeping power consumption in check.
Choosing a service provider
When you select amongst heating services in Tempe, AZ, please look if they cover the services below.
- Maintenance: Routine maintenance not only extends the life of the heater but also prevents major repairs.
- Repairs: Heaters do require repairs over the long run. Hence, selected heating services in Tempe, AZ, should provide affordable repair solutions.
- Excellent customer support: One must go through the customer support reviews of the heating service to be chosen. Customer support is your only point of communication with the company.
GE Home Services is one such provider that caters to all heating requirements mentioned above. Packed with 27 years of experience, GE Home Services excels in making customers satisfied with their choice.